- Clerk to the Governing Body
Clerk to Governors
Start Date – January 2024 or as soon as possible after
Hours – Approximately 150 per annum
Salary – WBC Grade 4 SCP 7-10
Contract Term - Permanent
Bearwood Primary School is looking to appoint a well organised and professional individual who can provide high quality, confidential support for our governing body. Working closely with the Chair of Governors, Headteacher and Admin Staff our Clerk will develop good working relationships with a range of stakeholders to ensure the smooth running of the Governing Body.
We are looking for an individual who is:
- organised and reliable
- able to manage deadlines and keep accurate records
- self-motivated, able to work under your own initiative
- able to maintain confidentiality and comply with data protection legislation
- able to show prior clerking experience in the education sector (desirable)
The role will include:
- preparing agendas for the FGB and committee meetings in consultation with the Headteacher and the Chair of Governors
- taking accurate minutes at the meetings and ensuring that all supporting paperwork is distributed and filed accordingly
- carrying out the statutory requirements of the role regarding Governing Body membership
providing procedural guidance
- respecting the confidentiality of the Governing Body
The role will involve attendance at approximately 9 evening meetings per academic year. Some meetings may be held via TEAMS others will be held in person. Meetings are held on fixed dates however preparation, follow up and reporting time can fit in with a clerk’s own availability and collectively equates to approximately 150 hours per year in total. You may also be required to clerk at appeals meetings and other meetings involving Governors as required.
Bearwood Primary School is committed to equality of opportunity and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
Bearwood Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. An enhanced DBS clearance check will be required.
Application is via fully completed application form only.
Applications will be considered as and when they are received and shortlisted candidates will be invited for interview accordingly.