Class Teacher for September 2022 - Suitable for ECTs
Are you looking for a school that will give you a firm grounding for the rest of your teaching career? Are you keen to make a difference to children's lives? Would you buy into our mantra to strive for children to keep-up, not catch-up? Can you make learning engaging and purposeful? If your answer to these questions is yes, then please do apply for a post at our school.
We are a 1.5 form-entry school at an exciting stage of our development. We can offer the right candidate:
- Brilliant, well behaved children and supportive families.
- A fantastic, experienced staff team – superb role models and mentors.
- A highly experienced ECT Mentor and Induction Tutor plus regular protected release time.
- Great professional development.
- Opportunities for career development.
Bearwood Primary School is an exciting place to be. We have been judged ‘Good’ by Ofsted! We are an inclusive school, with a diverse school roll and a lovely village type feel. We have come a long way, and still continue to strive for excellence!
An application form and job description are available to download below.
Completed application forms should be returned to our SBM Lynne Amor at firstname.lastname@example.org
Our school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All appointments are subject to enhanced DBS Disclosure Procedures.
This post will be advertised until Tuesday 31st May 2022, which will also be the last date we will receive applications. Applications will be considered as and when they are received and shortlisted candidates will be invited for interview accordingly.
We currently have no support staff vacancies.
Start Date – June 2022 or as soon as possible
Hours – Full Time (37 hours per week, split shifts)
Salary – WBC Grade 6 SCP 18-24 + Allowances
Contract Term - Permanent
Bearwood Primary School requires a motivated, organised and experienced Site Controller with excellent communication skills to fully undertake, lead and manage all premises issues ensuring our school site is maintained to a high standard at all times.
The successful candidate will have excellent up to date knowledge of health and safety procedures and legislation. They will assist the School Business Manager in taking responsibility for the management of the school buildings and grounds as well as being responsible for the day to day maintenance and practical caretaking tasks. The successful candidate will also help to ensure that the school complies with all aspects of health and safety policy and procedures, so that children are able to learn in a safe, secure and high quality learning environment.
We are looking for someone who:
- Is responsible for day to day maintenance of the sites including security, locking and unlocking, and management of the alarm system and mechanical services
- Is the primary key holder for the site and responds to emergencies and call outs
- Undertakes repairs and maintenance of the site undertaking minor repairs and construction projects
- Follows daily checks to ensure the site and grounds are maintained to a high standard
- Ensures that the school complies with health and safety regulations and legislation
- Manages the appropriate statutory testing of all the heating, lighting and mechanical systems, and fire alarms
- Liaises with external contractors and assists with the management of site projects
- Is able to operate machinery to include grounds maintenance and access equipment
- Is responsible for managing the cleaning team
- Can provide regular reports and updates to the Headteacher, School Business Manager and Governors on maintenance issues
The successful candidate should have:
- Understanding of building maintenance including statutory testing and the ability to carry out minor repairs
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and numeracy skills
- Ability to use IT to support the work undertaken
- Ability to work as a member of a team and to work well with staff, parents and contractors
- Ability to work under pressure and prioritize tasks
- Ability to use own initiative and work unsupervised
We can offer:
- A supportive, friendly and dedicated team
- A positive working environment
- Happy, friendly children
- Excellent opportunities for continuing professional development
Visits to the school are encouraged. Please contact our School Business Manager, Lynne Amor, at email@example.com to arrange.
Application for this post is via a fully completed application form.
Closing date: 12 Noon, Monday 6th June
Interviews: Friday 10th June
The governors of our school are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful applicant will need to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS.