Pupil Premium and COVID-19 Catch-up Grant
Since April 2011, the Government has allocated money to schools to support children from lower income families in order to raise the attainment of these children and ensure that they can fully access all that school has to offer. This funding is called the ‘Pupil Premium Grant’ or ‘PPG’.
Is my child eligible?
You can register your child for Free School Meals and access to the Pupil Premium Grant if you receive any of these benefits:
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The Guarantee element of State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit with an annual income of less than £16,190 without Working Tax Credit (as assessed by HM Revenue & Customs)
If your child is in Reception and KS1, they will receive free school meals anyway but may be entitled to Pupil Premium Funding if the above criteria apply.
The following children are also eligible to receive PPG:
- Looked After Children (Children in Care)
- Children who have left Local Authority care because of adoption, a special guardianship order, a child arrangement order or a residence order
- Children of Armed Services personnel
The school receives only one allocation of funding per pupil even if more than one criteria applies to that pupil.
How does school use the funding?
The following documents detail how we have used, or how we intend to use, our PPG funding:
How to apply for financial support:
If your child or children are eligible for PPG funding and you require financial support for any school based activities and/or uniform, please complete the form below and return it to the school office.
COVID-19 Catch-Up Grant
For the academic year 2020/21, please see the attached: